Spotlight changer

Users who are viewing this thread

Minni

Reaction score
Ever since a window AC was permanently installed at the east side of my old house, the only way to change the outdoor spotlight is by doing it outside. I used to go on a step-ladder (indoors) and pull down the upper part of the double-hung window, and contortion my body to change the bulb. I'm a shrimp so it was hard. Last year, when roofers were here, i had them screw in a halogen spotlight, but by now it burnt out. I should have bought an LED instead! It's very difficult to change, because its above a slope which slopes down to the driveway. Also, the threaded section (where you screw in the spotlight) juts out horizontally, so how can i even use one of those Stauber light bulb changers?

Is there any spotlight changer which works for all sorts of weird situations, such as high up above a grassy slope that's at left of driveway?

Its sorta like this configuration (though its a single-bulb):
(photo 1)
https://inspectapedia.com/electric/Soffit_Floods_023_DJFss.jpg
(photo 2) my RoughPic attachment gives a clarifying sketch

Alternatively, i have a light on my side porch - something like this:
(photo 3) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32834084701.html, which could be enhanced by:
(photo 4) flexExtension (see my other attachment), since the latter could divert the light to shine down onto the driveway, and never again worry about the inaccessible spotlight.

So does anyone have ideas? Is there anything like a flexExtension which could really come in handy for me?

Attachments

• roughpic.jpg
    roughpic.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 193
  • flexExtension.jpg
    flexExtension.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Minni

Reaction score
Make no assumptions that's readily available! The absolute biggest help some people can get, is enabling them to help themselves. Such as that flexExtension i mentioned.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks