Splitting mini-tank outlet

Users who are viewing this thread

Richard M

Reaction score
I want to install a mini-tank heater for point of use in a bathroom that splits the hot water outlet to 2 faucets.
The mini-tank has a 1/2" outlet and I assumed it would be as simple as adding a brass T-fitting for the two faucet lines.
I can't seem to find any 1/2" to two 1/2" T-fittings.
Am I looking for the right thing? I have 1/2" to 1/2" flexible faucet lines in place already.
The two sinks are on opposite sides of the same wall, so a 24" flexible line to the second sink would be fine.
Thanks!
Richard

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
May even be easier to add a double angle stop. You could thread that on to the heater or onto a coupling and an Xinch long pipe nipple.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
The mini-tank has a 1/2" outlet . . . I have 1/2" to 1/2" flexible faucet lines in place already.
If your tank outlet is 1/2" MIP, and your flexible faucet lines are 1/2" FIP (rather a nut with a washer intended to go onto 1/2" MIP), then you would need a 1/2" brass tee (FIP x FIP x FIP) and two 1/2" brass nipples (MIP x MIP). The brass tee goes on the tank, and each nipple connects to the tee and to one supply line. But:

The two sinks are on opposite sides of the same wall, so a 24" flexible line to the second sink would be fine.
I don't think it's proper to run a flexible supply line through a wall. So one of the nipples should be long enough to run through the wall.

Also, if you get a 1/2" brass street tee, one of the connections would be MIP instead of FIP, and you could eliminate one nipple. You may want to add some supply stops in there, e.g. a 1/2" MIP x FIP ball valve.

This all assumes you prioritize using your existing 1/2" flexible faucet lines. If you switch to supply lines with a 3/8" female compression end, the other solutions proposed apply.

Cheers, Wayne

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The two sinks are on opposite sides of the same wall, so a 24" flexible line to the second sink would be fine
I don't think it's proper to run a flexible supply line through a wall. So one of the nipples should be long enough to run through the wall.

OH.. yeah.. read that as opposite ends of the same wall. Flexible supplies are not allowed to run through walls. That would need to be hard piped.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks