Spirovent air eliminator

Users who are viewing this thread

Heyjoe

Reaction score
I noticed that a few years someone had issues with their spirovent being clogged. Unfortunately the author of the post didn’t share how one would take it apart. Anyone know?

I guess the top just unscrews, anything I should be aware of before unscrewing? It looks like the only way to isolate it is with the main feed valve and zone valves. I always wonder how the thing worked. Before I take it’s part I guess I should find out if there is a repair kit. Unfortunately the unit is not installed in a manner that would make it easy just to replace.
Since it’s solid brass would Teflon tape and Teflon paste suffice.

Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
Spriros have a wound screen and a auto vent if no new water is introduced in system their work is done after 24-48 hours with everything running. All the entrained air will be removed. They do unscrew but where their located usually not in a easy place. Unless the water is black id see if it still works, only moving part is the auto vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks