Spill switch installation for Honeywell WT8840 gas valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Frozen23

Reaction score
My plumbing inspector mentioned I need to install a spill switch over my AO Smith natural gas tank water heater exhaust vent. The water heater has WT8840 gas valve. I failed on searching info how to marry SSK-3 switch and WT8840 gas valve. Is there a wiring diagram? Because the one that comes with SSK-3 is useless proposing to use a junction block. I haven't found the thermocouple on the valve. Just ignition wire and 2 thermopile wires

wt8840b.jpg

Last edited:

JHBergeron

Reaction score
My plumbing inspector mentioned I need to install a spill switch over my AO Smith natural gas tank water heater exhaust vent. The water heater has WT8840 gas valve. I failed on searching info how to marry SSK-3 switch and WT8840 gas valve. Is there a wiring diagram? Because the one that comes with SSK-3 is useless proposing to use a junction block. I haven't found the thermocouple on the valve. Just ignition wire and 2 thermopile wires
Did you ever get an answer to your inquiry? I need the same instruction

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks