Space saving....plumbing options for sink vanity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kitui

Reaction score
My house was built in 1939. The first remodel was 13 years ago. I would like to remodel my MB and I was wondering if:
1) Is there any way to save space with the bathroom sink trap compared to 13 years ago? The current sink trap/etc is very big and in the middle of an already small cabinet (36" wide x 21" deep). The cabinet cannot be replaced by a bigger one because it fits a niche.
2) At the F. Webb showroom I saw a pretty neat cabinet with drawers built around the plumbing. I could not find any brand/mfg on the www. Any suggestion?
Thanks

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes. Offset the drain to connect to the p-trap against the wall. Use an offset drain as below.. or if you must have a stopper, use a clicker style stopper and build the offset with fittings.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ts...iPo55FsdlxX6h29nd1L-rUtkfNvnQS1xoCj-IQAvD_BwE

We install plumbing for cabinets with pull out drawers all the time.. If you plan for and install the plumbing around the finished product it can fit into a very small space. Planning and proper execution are key.

Kitui

Reaction score
Thanks, I would love to see a finish install. Would you have a pic of an off set installation? Thanks again

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
One thing to look at on the new cabinets is where they expect the drain to come from the wall.
Many were plumbed at 18" off the floor with 32" high cabinets. New bathroom vanities are now at 36" with legs and an slide in drawer. Sometimes that pipe and p-trap at 18" is too low for all of that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks