Spa Shower pressure..question?

Users who are viewing this thread

Austin

Reaction score
i'm installing a proformance shower(5'X4').. 12" rain shower, hand shower , 6 body spray heads (2/12"-21jets, each) Danze multi function.. the rest is Jado (diverters & thermostat & flow control)... is there a method of controlling the water pressure to the shower that would be seperate from the rest of the house?

PS. it's a second floor installation also

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Short answer, no. People often misunderstand volume and pressure. Your pipes can only supply a certain amount of water/time. the bigger the pipe diameter, the more water/time it can supply. If the supply is not large enough for the size and quantity of the openings, the pleasure you may derive will diminish.

Review the specs of the heads you want to run at the same time and add up their gpm required. Then, relate that to the main line coming in. Most people will find that they need to rework their entire plumbing system from the street to a larger WH to the valves to make a 'car wash' work as desired. It can take a huge amount of energy, and is becoming very ungreen! A high flow system can deplete the water in a WH very quickly, assuming that it could supply the gpm in the first place.

Austin

Reaction score
i've already done 5 baths so far with different componets , jus wanted to know if there was a product that might do something like that thats all thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are in-line pump systems, but if your pipes aren't big enough, you'll starve the pump and quickly kill it. This Olde House did a show on one last year. It was to improve the whole-house pressure, not an indivual branch. the municipal supply was only about 30# or so, if I remember, but they had large pipes. In this case, the pump could work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks