Sound at End of Flush Cycle

Users who are viewing this thread

DCNYC

Reaction score
In the last few days, my toilet starting making what can honestly best be described as a brief fart sound at the very end of the flush cycle. As the cycle completes the last audible noise is what seems to be a quick burst of air—hence the fart sound. It’s not overly loud, but you can hear it with the lid on. The toilet otherwise operates as designed and there are no issues with it. I’m asking because the sound is new and I was just wondering if this a relatively normal (okay) sound or if it’s something maybe warning of future failure somewhere (and I’m just curious as to what it is too). I took off the lid off and tried to pinpoint it, but haven’t had much luck. For reference, the toilet is about 10 years old and I have a float-cup style fill valve. Thanks in advance for any advice.

DCNYC

Reaction score
You can replace the fill valve and that should fix it. Sometimes I hear that with high water pressure too. Squeak!
If the issue is with the valve, is something functioning incorrectly to cause it? Basically, if the noise doesn’t bother me, would I still need to replace it? Thanks again for your help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks