Something wrong with new Toto

Users who are viewing this thread

NickG

Reaction score
I replaced an American Standard with a Toto and I already feel something is wrong. I can't plug the Toto up. I've given it some good tests but, when I flush, everything goes down and rather quickly I might add. My American Standard used to plug up all the time. Not the case for my new Toto. I fear my plunger will become dry rotted. I've been dipping it in the water now and then just to keep it in shape. Still, I can go many days forgetting I even own a plunger.

Man, I hope this Toto hasn't ruined a perfectly good plunger. I guess I'll just have to get used to this.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
This is a common symptom of people that buy them, it is called "Correct Flush Syndrome".

My daughter, an EMT, has treated many people who have gone into shock over this. Symptoms normaly subside in time.

As for the plunger, you may want to try and preserve it to pass on to your great grand children. Antiques Road Show may feature it in a few 100 years.

Achutch

Reaction score
Suffering the same complaint

I'm glad that there are some of us admitting to having this sort of problem. My poor Toilaflex All Angle Plunger is rotting away too, thanks to my new Toto. Those who have read my posts in the past know that I have a great affection for my 3 7-gallon antiques (and the beauties I have in storage in my "Antique China Hutch"). Dare I say, HORRORS of HORRORS that I may one day replace my beloved "Standard" MODERNUS with perhaps a nice Toto Aquia??

I'll be getting my 6-month water bill next month, and I will report on the savings I expect to have gained courtesy of my Toto Drake.

Thanks again to Terry and the regulars on this site who made such a good recommendation!!

Matt

Spokaneman

Reaction score
Yeah, it all seems good in the beginning, but then a good flush becomes "expected".

Then you visit some relatives, dump, flush and walk away, with never a look back and sure enough, you are the pariah of the gathering.

I know, I've been there.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
achutch said:
I'm glad that there are some of us admitting to having this sort of problem. My poor Toilaflex All Angle Plunger is rotting away too, thanks to my new Toto. Those who have read my posts in the past know that I have a great affection for my 3 7-gallon antiques (and the beauties I have in storage in my "Antique China Hutch"). Dare I say, HORRORS of HORRORS that I may one day replace my beloved "Standard" MODERNUS with perhaps a nice Toto Aquia??

I'll be getting my 6-month water bill next month, and I will report on the savings I expect to have gained courtesy of my Toto Drake.

Thanks again to Terry and the regulars on this site who made such a good recommendation!!

Matt

Wow. Old antique mega-flusher switching to perhaps an Aquia..? Impressive!
You wouldn't regret it Matt.
It's not only a really nice looking dual flush toilet but I think history will show it is one of the most important products in this decade.

As soon as toto gets its ass on the pot and does some Aquia ads....sales will soar imo.

You are correct about this board. Good example of a positive productive internet experience. Which needs to be mentioned as the news is full of internet horror stories these days.

Mike50

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks