Something stuck in tub p-trap

Users who are viewing this thread

chuckd83

Reaction score
There is something stuck in my tub p-trap. I put a snake down the overflow and it just stops. Called a plumber and he did the same thing, can't get it out. Says the only options at this point are to tunnel to redo the line or bust up the tub.

Any suggestions?

Reach4

Reaction score
Probably not going to get out your hard obstruction, but you could try a Brasscraft small drain bladder down the overflow.

I presume you have a slab and this is on the ground floor.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would put a small camera down there. They make one that works with a cell phone. What you have may be retrievable if you can identify it.

chuckd83

Reaction score
I would put a small camera down there. They make one that works with a cell phone. What you have may be retrievable if you can identify it.
The plumber put one down there, but couldn't see it. I can try myself. Do you have a recommendation for one?

chuckd83

Reaction score
The real question is "how did it get in there if it is large enough to plug the drain line"?
I bought this house a couple of months ago and it didn't come up in the inspection. I cleaned the tub before renting it out and it drained fine. Tenants complain that it stops up right after they move in. There's a strainer so I don't think they put anything down it.

I think it was there before, but in a different position. It started draining again after the plumber poked at it for a while, but says it's still there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks