Something from my bathroom sink leaking [picture]

Users who are viewing this thread

Ashley Davis

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the part in red is thats leaking, & possibly how to fix it? It looks like maybe someone put some silicone or something around before.

Attachments

• Resized_20180116_180655_1933.jpg
    Resized_20180116_180655_1933.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 225

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
That piece doesn't need to be there at all. Cut it close to the glue-cap and use the little nub of pipe that remains to glue in a cleanout cap

sewer_cleanout.gif

Jadziedzic

Reaction score
It's pretty odd to have a leak at the point you circled; unless there's a partial clog in the drain line further downstream from that sink water shouldn't be backing up into that section of pipe.

It does appear in the picture that someone mixed ABS and PVC piping in the drain system, which may point at a bad DIY job. Can you post a picture from the right side of the trap showing the tee fittings from the side? (Maybe they installed the lower tee upside down?)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks