Some questions on septic system

Users who are viewing this thread

George D Randolph

Reaction score
Had my two compartment septic tank pumped a few weeks ago and pumper said my dry well might be clogged up. Said we have had a lot of rain and it might just be the high water table, look at it in about a month to see if it starts working.

I have just install an aeration pump and diffuser on the dry well to add oxygen and convert system to an aerobic system. Hope that helps clear up the problem which I am told is a biomat created by the previously present anaerobic bacteria.

Looking at my tank I have this question. Why is the top of the outlet tee open rather than capped off? Wouldn't capping it off on top keep solids and scum from getting into the outlet pipe if the water level rises above the pipe?

Appreciate any help understanding how all this is supposed t work.

Reach4

Reaction score
Looking at my tank I have this question. Why is the top of the outlet tee open rather than capped off? Wouldn't capping it off on top keep solids and scum from getting into the outlet pipe if the water level rises above the pipe?
Good question. I am thinking that having the opening would let gasses rise, rather than get pushed out with the effluent or fighting the rise of the effluent. It also seems to me that that could allow access for cleaning from the top, although there may or may not be a port above there. I am not a pro.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks