Some Questions about Installing Bosch 300 Dishwasher

Users who are viewing this thread

Cai24

Reaction score
I remodeled my kitchen, and I had planned for a plumber to install the dishwasher. I may not be able to get one for quite a while, so I thought I would try it myself. I'm just very nervous about leaks. It's a Bosch 300. I used a dishwasher connector kit and attached an elbow to the plastic garden hose connection. I hand tightened it then did a little more with pliers. I hope that I didn't overtighten it. I've also read that you have to be careful about crossthreading. I then tightened the braided stainless hose and did a 1/4 turn with a wrench. I really wanted to test it with the dishwasher pulled out, but I realized that my braided line is too short to make the water line connection. For purposes of testing, it is okay to use a coupling and connect two braided lines together? Once I can confirm no leaks, I could then push the dishwasher in, remove the coupling, and attach the single braided line. If I see no leaks after turning on the water, does this mean that I should be okay? I wasn't planning to run it until it's pushed fully in and secured. I may put a leak detector back there for peace of mind. I appreciate any suggestions/advice!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
How tight is too tight or too loose is hard for me to say. I snug them up pretty good, but also remember that the parts are pretty small. You don't need to be a Superman on those. Snug is good.

bosch-water-connect.jpg

bosch-drain-2.jpg

bosch-plug-in.jpg

Last edited:

CPTJOE

Reaction score
Hi,

I am also installing a Bosch dishwasher myself and have a question about the hot water supply line. What is the best type of material to use for the hot water supply line? My old dishwasher had a 15-year old 8' piece of PEX (CPI Dura-Pex!!) providing the hot water. I can shorten this length to 5-6' by cutting a new hole, but what should I use? Is SS braided hose better than PEX? I have a a ProFlow braided hose and an Everbilt 90 degree elbow fitting to attach to the dishwasher inlet. Are there better brands that would be more durable?

CPTJOE

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm definitely not keeping the Dura-Pex. That section was the last remaining Dura-pex in my house...the rest had leaks and ended up replacing all of it with a whole-house re-plumb.

So in lieu of copper, would you choose braided hose or pex pipe? If braided do you have a preference for one manufacturer/type over another? I understand its just opinion but I have no idea myself.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I installed one dishwasher with a PEX line, with factory ends. For a stupid installing mistake I cut one end, and then saw I need to reorder the line. The homeowner wanted to use the dishwasher that night, and he talked stupid me into jerry rigging the PEX line.
The next day while he was at work the line slipped out and flooded the home.

Braided lines have been out for a while and most say something about a ten year warranty. I've been plumbing since the 70's and now I'm reading about ten year warranties on water supplies. It's a bit freaky for me seeing that. The first crop of braided supplies had pretty thing plastic nuts for toilet installation, and some of those cracked after a few years. They have made improvements since then.

I have been installing braided for dishwashers. The brands keep changing. Mainly Fluidmaster PRO series.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I havent used anything but braided in 15 years . though 3/8 refrigeration tube was what we used befor and it worked fine the compression joints a little more finickey but either are fine to me. All supply lines arent created equal . buyer beware

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks