<< SOLVED >> Aqua Dynamic frost free wall hydrant/hose bib- low pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Wallbanger

Reaction score
My Aqua Dynamic frost free wall hydrant/hose bib has low water pressure. Checked the inside shut off, and other nearby faucets have good pressure. I suspect something is messed up internally, but I cannot figure out how to disassemble.

I have removed the packing nut, and tried to rotate the stem to remove it for inspection. However, it does not rotate beyond the "1/4 turn". Is there something else that needs to be done to release the stem assembly from the body?

IMG_20220122_163910.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Have you tried tugging?

I am not familiar with your valve, so I am guessing.

Wallbanger

Reaction score
I was able to make contact with a sales rep for the company, and she advised me that the stem should be pulled straight out (not rotated).

With a little bit of gentle persuasion, I was able to remove the stem. Sure enough, some of the internal bits had become dislodged to make the disassembly more difficult, as well as restricting the water flow.

Twigle

Reaction score
Same thing here. I took a picture for you to see. I tried to separate the piece to fit it but I broke it because I forced too much.

20220512_163508-2.jpg

20220512_165829-2.jpg

I used something like this to replace it:

Super easy to replace.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks