Solder

Users who are viewing this thread

buzzard

Reaction score
I have a full spool of solder that's been in the garage for I don't know how long.

it is Dutch Boy and has the following markings:

Sn 95% Sb 5% also says ASTM B-32.

I also have a half spool of one that is Oatey silver lead free solder but has no other markings.

I am soldering some copper for water supply lines and want to make sure this is applicable.

copper_90.jpg

Soldered with No-Lead Solder

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrex

Reaction score
Just make sure that any solder that you do use doesn't say Pb on it which means lead.

The solder you're using is a combination of 95% tin and 5% antimony solders also bearing silver exist however the SB SN mix is the most common.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
95/5

It is actually the other way around. Silver bearing solder is the most common. 95/5 is also available, but is not used as much as the regular stuff because it is less tolerant as far as heat is concerned.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks