Softener to remove arsenic.

Users who are viewing this thread

mitchell cull

Reaction score
Hello all.
I have been fighting my loosing battle with my house water for a little. Bit now.
I have massive amounts of arsenic in my WELL water.
374 ppm or ppb I can't remember.
I have talked to many water treatment contractors and they say that my only solution to remove all the arsenic is with a 4-5K water streatment system.
Now I know I can't afford to get all the arsenic out, but I would like to soften the water and maybe clean it up a bit.
I am getting a test done next week to get relivent numbers.
I had one treatment contractor come in and say that he could get my arsenic lvls down to 50 with a softener, some of the other contractors were a little sceptical about that.
The cost for the softener installed was 2400$.
Dose this guys claim hold any water?
Can this be done with a softener system?
I would ultimately like to get the water down to cooking lvl. I don't mind having a water cooler in the house.

Thanks guys

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm showing a listing of 3 types of arsenic (As+3, As+4 and As+5) The treatment methods are Anion exchange, Reverse Osmosis and Activated carbon. So, it depends on the type of arsenic you have as to the proper treatment method.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Softening is not used for arsenic reduction. There are anion resins that can be used but these need to be done carefully since they can modify the pH considerably causing new problems. The method fro arsenic reduction would really depend on what a comprehensive water test shows. Any company that tries to do it without a proper water quality report should be avoided.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks