Softener system advice Water test results

Users who are viewing this thread

JP74

Reaction score
Hello, I've been an interested observer here for a short while and have gained some insight to be sure. Seeking input on replacing an existing, Poorly functioning 20 yr old system. There are just us 2 adults, and the occasional visitor, maybe 100 gal a day avg for everything. We're on a well here in South West Florida, have test results from National. (attached) Hardness is extreme, PH 7.2, Iron 0.3, we have the typical SW Fl. H2S. As well as inorganics as shown in the results. Flow is 7-9 gpm at the well pump, and the 300 gal aerator tank has it's own 1/2 hp submersible pump. My thinking so far is this, Spin down filter first, then "Florida style" aerator tank, (seems to be actually sufficient for the H2S), Some type of carbon filter then to the softener. My research to this point indicates the need for some serious capacity at the softener, 80k grain ! perhaps a twin tank system ? Resin options are a question, as well as the carbon filter media choices?. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
IMG_2488.JPG
IMG_2489.JPG
IMG_2490.JPG
IMG_2491.JPG

Last edited:

JP74

Reaction score
There are 2 adults, we both work full time, we occasionally have our granddaughter, couple of weeks in the summer months

Reach4

Reaction score
I think 2 cuft of resin in a 12x52 inch tank would be good. No need for two tanks. Expect regen each about 9 or 10 days. That is what marketers call a 64k grain softener, but do not use that number in calculations.

If outside, protect plastic stuff from the sun. This includes pipes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks