Softener, Leaky bypass valve

Users who are viewing this thread

HudsonDIY

Reaction score
Greetings all,

Hope everyone is faring well. The bypass valve on my fleck 5600 has developed a leak. Not terrible but enough to take notice. Funny it only leaks in the "in service" position. Anyway, long story short. Does anyone know if this valve can be rebuilt or do I need to replace the entire valve? I searched but found nothing on the subject.

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Bannerman

Reaction score
Is it the stainless steel or plastic version? Where on the valve is the leak location? Include photos if possible.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Common item to leak. It should take you about 5 minutes to rebuild. When I worked the field I would replace a dozen of those a week. I also made commission on parts sales so that may have influenced how many I sold. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks