Softener Installation - Water Line in a bad place

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Guys, my area has 9 grains per gallon.. So I don't want stuff to clog or my water heater to give me problems, I want to install a water softener.

I just got the house didn't pay attention before to the fact that I don't have a water loop.

Now while I was doing my research, we found out that the main water line comes from the water meter through the cement slab through the KITCHEN and then gets distributed to the whole house, including the water heater.

Look at this video on 10:21 to see the flex water line https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKvKaxrEzUs&feature=player_detailpage#t=617.

How would I even get started installing the water softener in this case?

The ideal would be in the garage or even in the utility room, but installing the softener at the kitchen or even at the second floor is out of question..

Reach4

Reaction score
The water softener needs to be protected from freezing. If your softener gets much sun, it should not pass light, to avoid algae growth. The outside faucets should normally not go through the softener.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
If the walls are still open, I would pay the builder to run a water softener loop to the garage or even outside. You can always put it in a water heater shed, just be sure to protect it from freezing. Be sure you have proper access to a drain as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks