Softener, Fix or replace?

Users who are viewing this thread

WYOGirl

Reaction score
I have a Water Right Sanitizer series, water conditioner. It is 12 years old and the controller just bit the dust. Should I have it repaired or is there a better system to replace it with? We have problems with Iron, sulfur odor, extremely hard water, and sediment.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Depending on your water conditions, the valve is easily repaired and reasonable to fix but the media may be beyond its service life. How has the system handled all of these issues? Did the problem return without the system online?

Jason W Hudson

Reaction score
I have a Water Right Sanitizer series, water conditioner. It is 12 years old and the controller just bit the dust. Should I have it repaired or is there a better system to replace it with? We have problems with Iron, sulfur odor, extremely hard water, and sediment.
If you are on a well, I would get a water test to make sure conditions have not changed. Well water should be tested annually to make sure there are no changes. Watts will do this for free, a lot of the plumbing wholesalers can get bottle test samples where you fill it and send it in, and they will test your water and give you suggestions on what type of equipment options would be best from that test. The postage is included, self addressed sticker that goes on the box. Depending on where you are in Wyoming, plumbing wholesalers like Winnelson and Ferguson Enterprises can assist with this. Just a thought.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks