Soaking tub/shower module

Users who are viewing this thread

gerg

Reaction score
I am trying to find a soaking tub/shower module. Is there such a thing out there? I live in Europe, but am remodling a house in California. I like the depth of European tubs. I am on a budget, so would like to find a tub/shower unit that is deep. Any help locating one will be greatly appreciated.

Deb

Plumber
Reaction score
Deb

Are you talking about a 1-piece fiberglass or acrylic tub/shower unit that is deeper and/or wider than a standard tub?
Deb
The Pipewench

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Deep tubs are available. Don't remember seeing a tub/shower module. Check Kohler/Sterling. Rest assured it will be pricey.

gerg

Reaction score
reply to Deb & Jimbo

Yes, Deb. It wouldn't have to be wider, but deeper for sure.

Jimbo, I have checked out Kohler some, but it was hard to tell with the tub/shower units, if any of them were "soakers" (deeper). I will check out Sterling. Tub manufacturer are really missing a niche in the market. If you do an Internet search, you will find that lots of motels/vacation resorts/new housing advertises the fact that they have "soaker tub/showers." This is obviously an attraction for people shopping. Some tub manufacturers should pick up on this fact and try to sell to this market. I haven't found any yet. If they are out there, they have a low profile.

Jules4747

Reaction score
Here's a fairly deep Tub/Shower module

I've been looking for the same thing, and the deepest I've found is the Kohler Terracina K-1542 or K-1543 (for left & right drain). It's one piece tub/shower module at 5' x 33" x 18" deep. It's not expensive and looks nice. Another option I'm considering is the Jacuzzi Cetra 532 soaker tub, at 20 1/2 " deep, with a tile surround, but this would be more expensive.

gerg

Reaction score
check out inches to overflow

I checked out the Kohler Terracina K-1542 & K-1543 and they are 10 1/2 inches to overflow. I just measure our tub here in Berlin, Germany. It looks to me to be between 12-13" to overflow (a bit hard to tell with the curvature of the tub). I think the difference is pretty significant for the enjoyment of a soak.

It is important to check out the specs for the overflow. Some tubs that at first appear deep, have, in fact a low overflow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks