Snaking out back to back sinks

Users who are viewing this thread

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have back to back pedestal sinks in my house but somebody ran an 1-1/4" horizontal drain from the sinks to the toilet vent and installed a tee where the sinks tie together so you end up running the snake from one drain outlet to the other sink drain outlet and never go down the drain. The last time I had someone on the other side push the end of the snake through the drain outlet with the end of a screw driver until it went down the drain. This time I decided to figure it out so I could do it myself so I stuck the end of a screw driver in one drain and wedged it with the flat tip of another screw driver then tried to run the snake down the drain, the first try didn't work so I pushed the screw driver handle in a little further and wedged it again and the second try worked so I checked to make sure I wasn't coming out the other side and then proceeded to snake the drain.
Hope this helps someone.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Inn NYC we have a lot of back to back set ups. I use a drop head cock screw on the cable, and it works like a charm.

One job just I cut the vent pipe above the cross tee and installed a CO and in the future the next plumber will have an easy access point.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I like the tips I think I need a drophead I rarely clear drains but guess I needed punishment yesterday I had only my 3/8 lil general and couldnt get past the san tee on a kitchen had to remove tip but Im going to invest in the drop head I gotta have it . I only have a closet auger, the 3/8 mentioned and 20 ft a 1/4 inch hand held power snake in my war chest

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
If you have a helper with you then have the other person place a rag over the drain on one sink and use the General ram jet on the other (NO GOOD ON PLASTC WASTE) and starting off with 10 PSI and increasing slightly it usually works

DO NOT believe it works for "grease" General put that BS there not me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks