Snake Twisted and stuck in the pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Tong

Reaction score
Might have done something stupid. When I insert snake into a clog pipe, I probably have put a little more pressure on it. Now the snake is twisted and stuck in the pipe. Used a brutal force to move it. Did not work. The snake is now stretched thin.

What should I do next? How much to replace a pipe. Will take a picture and post it tomorrow.

20181122_142024.jpg

Last edited:

Tong

Reaction score
Well. Believe it or not, after almost 4 months, the issue is resolved.
What I did.
1. add dish detergent into the pipe occasionally
2. to pull and push the cable almost daily to see if the torque tension can be released.
After a while, the cable became loose. I was finally able to pull it out.

My guess is that the temperature difference between daytime and nighttime can help release some tension gradually.
Furthermore, LA has a cold winter this year. Once the cable shrink a little, it could help to release the tension as well.

Anyway, my point is that be patient. It may take a while.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Normally when snaking a line it is good practice to use detergent for the following reasons

1- It acts as a lubricant

2- It cleans the cable

sylvan-snaking-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tong

Reaction score
Yeah. Use a better drain snake. Thanks for all of the responses.

Ground temperature does change with time. However, it has different time delay with respect to ground temperature. Depending upon the depth below the ground, it has time delay of 12 hours, diurnal variation (24 hours), seasonal variation and annual variation. For pluming practice, it is usually 0~5 meters below the ground. So, It has a seasonal variation.
1659720335976.png

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks