Smart Valve Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

ellen

Design/Drafting
Reaction score
Website
www.residentialdrafting.ca
I have just purchased and installed an American Standard one piece toilet from a small plumbing supply place that is going out of business. It was a floor model which came with no instructions. It is a toilet with a Smart Valve. I turned on the water and the valve shot straight up and I had to put the lid on to hold it down. It still seems to want to lift the lid off so I put a large bottle of car wash solution on it to the lid wouldn't lift up. I'm pretty sure there is an adjustment for this smart valve so that I can loose the car wash bottle and the valve doesn't pop up like that. I've looked for instructions on the net but found nothing. Can someone give me adjustment instructions?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

You probably have to push it down and twist it, but you might as well change to a Fluidmaster because you will have to it eventually. Sometimes sooner, rather than later.

ellen

Design/Drafting
Reaction score
Website
www.residentialdrafting.ca
valve

Thanks for the heads up. I will try the push/turn suggestion and hopefully not flood the place. I was on the American Standard site and was looking for this toilet. One of the criteria for finding your toilet was to select the flush system. I could select from Champion 4, Cadet 3, Flowrise, and Aquaforce. I didn't see any mention of Smart Valve. Is it possible these are different things? Is it possible that my 'floor model' had it's original valve removed and this Smart Valve thrown in to replace the original? I remember that the Smart Valve was in the tank loose and I had to attach it to the tank myself. Hmmmm! Looks like a trip back to the supplier.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks