Smallest wall hung toilet length for new powder room

Users who are viewing this thread

downtowner

Reaction score
Hi,

We are creating a new powder room inside of an existing living room and want to make it as compact as possible.

I gather code requires a 30" width, and 21" in front of the toilet.

I see that Duravit makes a toilet that is a little more than 15" long, and it can be combined with a Grohe wall unit. Does it make sense to install the wall unit for a 6" wall opening to get better flushing?

What would be the shortest toilet with bidet functionality?

Thanks in advance, Frank

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I see bowls that are 21-1/4" long and longer on the Duravit site.
And then adding a bidet seat, matching to the Duravit bowl shape may be interesting. You will want to make sure that you can find a match for that.
What is a 6" wall opening?

downtowner

Reaction score
I found this online:
Grohe 38773000 Rapid Sl 3-in-1 Set for Wall-Hung Toilet, 0.82 m

And in the comments:

Does it fit 2x4 wall
Answer:
This product will not fit in a 2x6 wall, you will want to use the 38996000 wall carrier.
By Cody S Manufacturer o

So for use with 6" studs. I vaguely recall reading that this kind of unit gives a better flush. I see now that Geberit also has a unit for 6" studs. Is there any benefit to these wider units?

I gather from your replay that there is no Washlet, etc. for a 15" bowl. But a 21" bowl would accommodate one?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
They make in-wall carries for both 2x6 and 2x4 stud walls.
If you're thinking of a bidet seat, you will need to check the specs to see which bowls it fits. Some of the Duravit bowls have an odd shape to them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks