Smaller Toto Drake tank lid?

Users who are viewing this thread

woodsdog

Reaction score
Hi all!

I’m a DIY’er who has learned so much from this forum. Many thanks!

Ran into an issue while installing a Toto Drake (

CST776CSFG#01) at my brothers house. We measured from the wall to the toilet screw and it was 12 inches. Got a 12” Drake. Put it in, and turns out there is a weird diagonal wall that prevents the lid from going on. Picture worth a 1000 words…​

I was hoping there existed a thinner lid to put on it, even though it’s a long shot.

The other options I can think of:

* smaller toilet there. Any suggestions? We could move this to another bathroom.

* try to redo the drywall. I don’t think anything is behind it, just lazy builder. It I could be wrong.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Reach4

Reaction score
How close is it? Is the bowl maybe tilted toward the wall?

Reach4

Reaction score
How close is it??

Maybe you could cheat the toilet away from the wall a bit, unless you already maximize the distance from the wall when you installed. New wax if you try that.

Another alternative is that when you pull the toilet, you could add shims to make the bowl tilt forward slightly. A user will not notice.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Reach4 I think has the best possible solution. These are channel pads that are in some Gerber tank to bowl kits. They can be trimmed if need be.

1675620979346.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks