Small puncture in my garbage disposal from a nail

Users who are viewing this thread

kjb30

Reaction score
Hi There,

I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion for fixing a very small puncture in the plastic housing of my garbage disposal that was caused by a finishing nail that went down there by accident. The hole is in the plastic housing, there is a very small leak when I run the water quickly through the disposal, a more serious issue when I empty the entire sink all at once.

The disposal is only a year old - it is a Badger
https://insinkerator.emerson.com/en...oducts/garbage-disposals/insinkerator-bgr-5xp

I am wondering if I can patch the hole at least for a while - is there a method someone would recommend? I have read about epoxy, melting it with heat or using superglue... not sure where to start!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Short self-tapping screw?
short pop-rivet?
miniature tapered plug?

Whittle a wood plug?

Stuff

Reaction score
Depending where it is a screw might hit the blades. Epoxy sounds right. What about that black stuff they sell on TV that you can make a boat out of?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks