Small job turned big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Giles

Retired tool & Die and Mechanic
Reaction score
Just thought I would share something I was surprised to find. I bought two new faucets for my double vanity. With them came the drain down tube with stopper. After installing the faucets, I proceeded to change the drains and found that someone had used "plumbers putty" all over the threads and the plastic seal rings. I had to use large pliers on all six nuts all the way off.
Had to make a special trip to town for new "P" Traps an associated parts.
You never know what you will find on even the simplest jobs!

ilya

In the Trades
Reaction score
There used to be a saying-"Don't start a plumbing job after the hardware store's closed!"

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
now you have a little taste of what we plumbers have to deal with

Cookie

Reaction score
I can beat that Cass. lol. when my husband past away on the day of his funeral my neighbor came over, and when I opened the door, she shoved a crock pot at me, knocking me down on the stairs saying, " NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL" and left, LOL.

I sat there holding a crock pot wondering who and what that was the sam hell about.

I would do the faucets and be grateful. :)

Even though off the topic, my point is, you can't appreciate whatever, until, you are there experiencing it yourself.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks