Small Dent in Copper Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Tkoski1235

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am redoing my 1930s bathroom and just noticed some damage to the copper pipe for my toilet supply. Looks like I may have nicked it with the rotary hammer where it was proud of the studs.

Small dent probably 1/8" deep or so... probably a dumb question but is there any chance this is no big deal?
InkedIMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1421.jpeg
IMG_1422.jpeg

I'm sure it should really be replaced but I just wanted to make sure there isn't an easier solution.. I'm not sure I can get a fitting on the curved pipe section right below the damage and I'm not looking forward to the floor demo, I believe the pipe is embedded and runs across the room to the supply on the other side. Floor has several inches of mortar on and in between the joists.
1658790508746.png

IMG_1436 (1).jpeg

I know its impossible to see a photo online and tell me whether it's going to leak or not but I guess I'm just desperate to see if minor damage could be acceptable or if I'm being an idiot and just need to replace it :) .

Thank you all, this forum has been a wonderful resource to learn from.

Tim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks