Slow Leak inside the bowl... even without the tank!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jay Liu

Reaction score
Okay, so being fighting this issue for the last month. Just seem very odd to me.

Problem: Brigg two piece toilet. There is a slow string of water leaking into the bowl continuously. The water is coming from the inside the rim, where the flushing water normally comes out.

Parts replaced. (in this order) one at a time.
1. flapper
2. fill valve
3. overflow valve. (the entire assembly new)
4. new gasket below the tank
5. flapper (comes with the new overflow valve)
6. new tank to bowl nuts screws (inside bowl , rubber washer, outside bowl (metal washer), nut. connect to toilet, with another metal washer and nut. The old one was rusting out.

So I remove the tank again, after making sure no water is leaking from below the tank.
I do this by putting the tank on the sink and fill it with water and make sure no water is coming out from either the nut, or overflow value.

With just the toilet, I can see a tiny string of water still flowing out! (I test flush it before removing the tank) It eventually stop after 30 min or so. Is it possible the toilet holds that much water and slowly drains itself out like this? When I flush, the water flush out quickly like it should.

Any suggestions?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Only thing I can think of, and there may be other possibilities, is that the drain holes in the rim are partially clogged with mineral deposits, and after a flush, it takes that long for it to all flow out. If it eventually stops, and the toilet works okay, you don't need to deal with it yet, but eventually, if that's the issue, the flush and wash performance will degrade.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks