Slow draining kitchen sink stopped draining after using drano!!

Users who are viewing this thread

DennyJenny

Reaction score
I have a double kitchen sink with garbage disposal, it was draining very slow for a past few weeks. when I turned on the GD water backed up on the other side.
I used the Drano meant for sinks with GD and poured 3 big pots of hot water down it. they went fine. then I thot maybe i should run just tap hot water for a while..that water did not go, i turned the GD on and black water backed up (seemed like coffee granules) Some of that water went down..but now both sinkholes are evenly filled with water.

Reach4

Reaction score
You have a drain line blockage, and the problem is probably in the walls or under the floor. Get your drains cleaned. Often the bottom of the blockage is where the pipe that goes down turns horizontal.
You are in LA, so it is unlikely that you have a basement.

You could try cleaning it yourself, but a little home snake will likely just punch a small hole thru the clog. I am not a plumber.

Stop putting coffee grounds down the sink. Throw away fats rather than using the disposal for that.

Last edited:

DennyJenny

Reaction score
You have a drain line blockage, and the problem is probably in the walls or under the floor. Get your drains cleaned. Often the bottom of the blockage is where the pipe that goes down turns horizontal.
You are in LA, so it is unlikely that you have a basement.

You could try cleaning it yourself, but a little home snake will likely just punch a small hole thru the clog. I am not a plumber.

Stop putting coffee grounds down the sink. Throw away fats rather than using the disposal for that.

found the blockage...hubby is using the snake now, it's right where it goes in the wall. we don't put fat as such....have Keurig so no coffee grounds :) Must be just the build up of many years! Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks