SLOAN Porcelain Fixtures and Caroma sinks

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
While at Disney World in Florida, I noticed the wide assortment of plumbing fixture brands in the restrooms, which I assume vary because the low-bid qualifying fixture probably gets selected at the time of construction of the specific attraction or area, and the parks (and facilities in the parks) have been built and upgraded over a long period of time.

So far, most automatic valves have been Sloan, on the sinks and urinals. On newer facilities, I see some Toto valves, but not yet Toto fixtures. Indeed, I saw a vintage Eljer urinal matched with a new-ish Toto auto-valve. Some Kohler fixtures and some Kohler valves.

What was remarkable to me was to see that one facility was equipped entirely with Sloan-branded porcelain urinals, matched with Sloan Auto-Flush valves. Didn't know Sloan produced porcelain (or at least that they had a private brand of porcelain made by others).

In my room in a brand-new Disney hotel, there is a Kohler pressure-assist (Flushmate) toilet, and Kohler sink and shower valves, but Caroma porcelain sinks. I know we talk about the Caroma toilets on here a lot, but I hadn't seen a Caroma bathroom sink in person before.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
My own home I have Sloan Royal flushometer's, been there over 34 years NEVER needed any service

For my accounts I use either Sloan Royal , Sloan gem or Sloan regal or Delany flushometer when the need for changing the volume or the timing of a flush is required

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Just as a follow-up, I looked in the hotel room toilet tank, and it's a 1.0gpf (504 Flushmate) in a Kohler 4484 tank. So it's a 1.0gpf Highline.

Holy crap! As someone who is a longtime disdainer of Kohler, I have to say I am impressed.

The water spot is huuuuge. The flush is very effective. It's loud, of course, but it does the job amazingly. I thought it was a 1.6. If I can look at a 1.0gpf toilet that has excellent flush and excellent bowl clean and huge water spot and not know it's a 1.0, then I have to admit it's a solid product. Looks like it's a K-3519-0, which uses that tank. $400-ish. Not bad. I don't like the loudness, but it checks every other box.

k-3519-k1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Due to the cost people use less quality this is why you very seldom see Sloan fixtures

For example you will see "the B9ld look" but never see the word quality in their advertisement

https://www.sloan.com/sites/default...10-fixtures-full-line-brochure-singlepage.pdf

Very interesting. Do you know if they get these made abroad or domestically by someone on contract? Or do they have their own factory? Seems like something one would want to contract to an excellent manufacturer.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
And one more update, it looks like the very-newest places (Toy Story Land, Disney Springs, etc.) have standardized in the public restrooms on the Sloan porcelain fixtures with Sloan valves. Given that Sylvan indicates that these are more-expensive but more-robust than some others, I guess they decided to pay for the quality (or maybe because of who they are, they got a good deal).

The only truly-universal item in the whole complex is the hand soap dispenser, which looks like a de-branded black plastic Ecolab Nexa Classic hand foam dispenser. It has been mounted everywhere, replacing everything used before.

Everything else (like paper towel dispenser brand and style) varies widely; I guess not worth the capital expenditure to change, but they have every kind of towel (C-Fold, Roll, Serated, etc.) and model of dispenser (having been in the restaurant biz, I have seen them all, and Disney has them all).

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks