Sloan Flushometer

Users who are viewing this thread

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
I just installed a Sloan Flushometer model #1111 on a floor mounted toilet. It was a 1" feed coming out of the wall, my only problem is that the tailpiece which connects to the spud seems a little insecure, and I tightened it down pretty hard. My question is has anyone else experienced this problem with these flushometers?

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
That 1" supply nipple should be anchored really well inside the wall.

Does the tail piece fit deep into the spud?

I think if you get a lot of movement it's because it's loose at the supply side.

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
Sloan valve

As far as I can remember I pushed the the tailpiece down inside the spud as far as it can go. However I did not secure the 1" line, it seemed to be secure enough. It (1" line) was only going about a foot before it 90'd off and was secured after that. I still think that the owner should put a automatic sensor on this sloan valve, because people will continue to use their foot to flush. Unfortunately the automatic sensor cost $300.00.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks