Sloan Flushmate Tank Drain Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

dsmess

Reaction score
I have the flushmate 101526. This is the older model with the 'beer keg' shaped stainless tank. It has been a great toilet for about 15 years. Recently I've had a problem with the T fitting on the top of the tank ('upper supply group) leaking...sometimes spurting a stream out.
after flushing. I think a new rubber check valve will fix this. The other problem is after hearing strange noises, I observed the china tank was filled almost to the top! It appears the drain extension on the bottom is clogged. Can this be cleaned, or is replacement the only option?
(we have a lot of minerals in our well water here)

Thanks,

Scott

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If this is the type you have with the stainless steel ends you may do well just to get a whole new flushmate tank.

wci6.jpg

The leaks you are seeing may not be the only ones. The plastic tank on a lot of these usually are cracking between the webbing on the plastic.

Is your first flush ever a dud flush, after the toilet has sat for a while?

Last edited by a moderator:

dsmess

Reaction score
It has been flushing fine until this problem, but you may be right, it is pretty old.

S

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks