Slip joint with ABS DWV pipe between joists - Kosher?

Users who are viewing this thread

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I know pvc needs to be supported every 4' when it's ran horizontally. ABS is probably the same.

SteveMcqueen

Reaction score
Follow up question...After reviewing proper ABS joint gluing instructions I'm a little worried I used too much cement and/or allowed some to run down in to the pipe. Aka the puddling bits on the cement can instructions.

When I glued the short 1.5" pipe in to the top/vertical hub of the tee some cement ran down in to the pipe and dried there.

I'd imagine a problem wouldn't present itself for years but the OCD/perfectionist side of me wants to redo it. Is this an issue in a DWV environment? Do you think I should build a new combo and be a bit more careful with the glue?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Follow up question...After reviewing proper ABS joint gluing instructions I'm a little worried I used too much cement and/or allowed some to run down in to the pipe. Aka the puddling bits on the cement can instructions.

When I glued the short 1.5" pipe in to the top/vertical hub of the tee some cement ran down in to the pipe and dried there.

I'd imagine a problem wouldn't present itself for years but the OCD/perfectionist side of me wants to redo it. Is this an issue in a DWV environment? Do you think I should build a new combo and be a bit more careful with the glue?
No your good. 100 percent

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Probably don't worry about it. But given that you put it in with 3 banded couplings, you have the option to take everything apart and inspect for problematic puddles.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks