Silcock too close to grade

Users who are viewing this thread

kramca

Reaction score
For various reasons one spigot on the back of my brick home is rather low to the ground. Attaching a hose is a bit of a chore. There is also a leak so I am between having it removed and new washer put on or replacing with something that will help the problem. Some of our spigots are an a 45 degree angle and that might help.

I've researched what is out there in terms of different angled spouts etc. In TN we really don't need frost proof as we've never had a problem.

Any help or referrals are appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,201

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
If you want a way without doing any plumbing is to install a basement window well. Dig down, below the depth of the well, throw in stone for drainage. Leave maybe 12" or more of space below the spigot.

shopping

If you do not have freeze problems you can install a spigot upside down or at 90 degrees.

Reach4

Reaction score
This is what I did on my water heater. That is a garden hose adapter on the end.

index.php

Treeman

Reaction score
It's tough to tell from pictures, but would a silcock like this give enough clearance:
g4329462.jpg
6GXC7_AS01
QT55X.jpg

Search "no kink hose bibb"

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks