Sizing irrigation pump and tank with unknowns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rod M1

Reaction score
At the moment I have a new 1 1/4 driven well with the known spects bellow. I'm planing on installing a sprinkler system in the next several years but for the moment will be using 2 oscillating sprinklers at the same time. I'm looking at the Goulds J7S or J5SH. With this information can you make a pump suggestion? We had a old pump with 1/3HP that seemed to be inadequate for any task (screen plugged up 60's pump).

area to be covered 80ftx30ft and 50ftx40ft
gallons per minute using the 1/3hp pump about 6 to 7 gallons per minute
static water level: 11.5 feet
well screen: 3 feet 80 gage
total depth: 23 feet

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Either one of those pumps will work, and put out more than the old 1/3 HP. However, if the well doesn't make as much water as those pumps put out, or if you are not using as much water as those pumps put out, you will need to do something like a CSV to keep the pump from cycling on and off.

Rod M1

Reaction score
What model of CSV would you recommend? Will the 4.4 gallon tank work for this?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks