Sioux Chief 887-GPM PushTite

Users who are viewing this thread

jbg_diy

Reaction score
I’m curious if anyone has used the Sioux Chief 887-GPM Push Tite in cast iron. I’ve seen pictures of the actual product with a sticker saying it can be used in CI but their tech sheet online says its for schedule 40 DWV pipe.

neorest-install-03.jpg

Picture added by Terry Love

Last edited by a moderator:

jbg_diy

Reaction score
It will work fine. Don't forget to secure it to your floor.
Thanks Marlinman, will do. I’m having to do this because my cast iron flange was corroded and attached 3-1/4” down to the 4” cast iron drain with a lead sleeve (which I removed). Felt like this was the best route to go so I can extend the flange with 3” DWV PVC pipe. Do you agree?

Reach4

Reaction score
887-gpm-1.jpg
887-gpm-3.jpg
This is the 887-GPM PushTite. The gasket seems smallish to me, but if it fits, it should be good. I would apply some silicone grease or plumbers grease to the flange to fill any tiny voids. Probably unneeded, but won't hurt.

Another similar closet flange was the Genova Products 75158S Universal Closet Flange with Stainless Steel Ring, 4" like 887-GPM but bigger gasket. But I see it is out of stock everwhere. Discontinued maybe. I have used neither.

jbg_diy

Reaction score
887-gpm-1.jpg
887-gpm-3.jpg
This is the 887-GPM PushTite. The gasket seems smallish to me, but if it fits, it should be good. I would apply some silicone grease or plumbers grease to the flange to fill any tiny voids. Probably unneeded, but won't hurt.

Another similar closet flange was the Genova Products 75158S Universal Closet Flange with Stainless Steel Ring, 4" like 887-GPM but bigger gasket. But I see it is out of stock everwhere. Discontinued maybe. I have used neither.

jbg_diy

Reaction score
887-gpm-1.jpg
887-gpm-3.jpg

Thanks. That was my thought too, but unfortunately this is the only option I could find that I could extend. Wish they have a version available with the three points of contact gasket. I’ll make sure to use plenty of silicone grease.

Reach4

Reaction score
Or maybe sand the high spots off, and see if wax would stick. A 5.3 ounce tube of Molykote 111 would be a lifetime supply that could also be used for o-rings and other seals that don't slide in service. Like the o-ring on a cartridge filter.

That lubricates o-rings and gaskets to let them seat better, and may offer some gap filling properties for microscopic gaps.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks