Sinkhole from orangeburg

Users who are viewing this thread

hornedfrog2000

Reaction score
We are getting a new main line put in today, and someone at my Dad's work was saying that we could have a 15 foot sinkhole or something, but I really doubt it. The ground is pretty squishy, and saturated feeling, but I would think that would be expected. I could see maybe a few feet of erosion under there at most..., but I could be wrong.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
There's always the chance of some washout but I doubt it. If it were under pressure that'd be one thing but it's not.

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
After excavating ,and removing old lateral [sewer pipe] any low spots should be filled and compacted [ no dips]. We don't have much info,and I'm assuming a lot here,without it.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the soil is very light and sandy, you could wash out a lot of it and be in for a surprise. Houses and roads have fallen into (usually caused by big sewer line) holes caused by drains.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks