Sink pump discharge pipe mounting

Users who are viewing this thread

djbarber2

Reaction score
I am installing an undersink pump to service a utility sink and bar sink in my basement. I have all the vents and discharge pipes installed. I am trying to figure out the best way to mount or stabilize the discharge pipe. It runs upwards at an ~8 degree angle (as shown in the picture below) to the floor joists above where it then runs ~25 feet (at prescribed 1/4" per foot drop) to a main drain line. As shown in the photo, it is resting on the corner of a stud that I had to cut-away to allow the pipe to make its way up to the floor joist. This point is ~3feet from the bottom of the pipe where it comes way from the wall (midpoint along vertical portion). Any suggestions on how to secure/mount the 8 degree/vertical portion of the pipe or is it ok as-is? Is it better to have it not touching anything in the vertical portion?
IMG_2816.JPG IMG_2817.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks