Sink overflowing Alzhiemer's - need metering push faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Mary B said:
Hmm? A mixing valve with a self closing metered faucet would give the user warm water when they pressed BOTH the hot and cold water tap? I was under the impression that you could still get cold water when you pressed the cold handle and warm (not HOT) when you press the hot handle. No?
The last posting stated that you get luke warm water in both the hot and cold faucet when using a point of service mixing valve under the sink.

I just threw that out there as a possibility. So you wouldn't have extremes of either hot or cold. You could certainly have a separate supply of cold water to the cold water tap and a mixture of hot and cold to the hot. The easiest thing, however, would be to just have one push-down metered knob with tempered water. It's not like trying to work a standard single lever faucet that swivels and pulls out. You just walk up to it, push it down, and do your business.

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
Delta makes a nice commercial faucet that would work here. It has a push button that gives 15 seconds of water. There is a handle that you set to the desired temp and then leave it.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
american standard

american standard faucets used to have
spring loaded lavatory faucets that went in childrens
bathrooms that would not allow them to leave the
faucet on

I have a couple of the lav faucets laying around,

and I would guess that they might be available
for a kitchen application???

yoiu might want to check out the
amercan standard commercial web site

on a more somber side.....

as my mother died from Alsheimers,

I know that you are fighting a losing battle
so I would try to keep things simple becasue its
all only a temporary solution to a much bigger issue....

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
You could put a single-handle, anti-scald shower valve under the sink, plumbed normally to hot and cold, off a T on the cold side. Plumb the output of that valve to the hot-water faucet. On the cold side, plumb the cold faucet to the other arm of the T branching to the shower faucet. Set the shower faucet to the temperature you want the "hot" to be.

Now at least you can use simpler auto-shutoff faucets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks