sink hole cutout mistake

Users who are viewing this thread

senbabli

Reaction score
I have also posted this in the plumbing section.
I am getting new granite installed and mistakenly used the lavatory faucet size to get the holes made in the bar sink area. This is 8 inch widespread hole and the bar faucet is actually 4 inch spread and can be used for 1 or 3 hole faucet.
I was wondering if it was possible to get a 8 inch cover plate with one single hole or get the two extra holes in granite filled. I am also open to any other suggestions in this area. Please advise.
Thank you in advance.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Patching a hole wil always look like a patch in that material. Now, if it was a solid surface, maybe you could patch it.

Best thing is to maybe buy some new faucets that will fit the holes. Depending on the brand, some of them do make some cover plates, so you may cover it up that way.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I would put the faucet in and get plugs for the other holes. You can get the plugs in different finishes so it can look decent. My brother has a large kohler kithen sink (drop in) with his granite countertops and has brushed nickel plugs in the holes that aren't used. The nickel matches his drawer/cabinet pulls and his appliances.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks