Sink extension tube

Users who are viewing this thread

RyanPatrick

Reaction score
20160409_184342.jpg 1460256029022-830857038.jpg
Hello, I recently installed a new bathroom sink and the extension tube from the sink is about a 1/2 over from the trap. I bought a flexible extension tube that does the trick but I have heard mixed reviews on these. Is this ok to use? If not, suggestions. Pics included.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
There's a 45 degree slip-joint fitting that will probably get you over without using that gooseneck homeowner thing.

Reaction score
The flexible tailpipe is fine.

The accordian isn't much thinner than the plastic of a straight tailpipe. And every time you fetch stuff from under there, you will keep an eye on it.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Unfortunately the right thing to do is cut the fitting out in the wall and install a new one pointed towards the drain.
The other alternative is to move the sink over.

lav-traps-wrong-right.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would cut the pipe in two about 1.5-2 inches from the wall, glue on a 22-1/2 Degree Elbow and then attach a trap adapter to that or on to a short section of pipe. Dry fit everything to see if it is ok.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might find a different trap that has a slightly larger loop, and that may solve it, but the other choices will also work. The accordion stuff tends to trap gunk. Keep in mind, anything trapped like that (soap, hair, dead skin, etc.) that is ABOVE the trap, can start to fester and smell, sometimes pretty badly. A straight pipe to the trap is always better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks