Sink drain configuration for wheelchair

Do you use universal design or accessible design in any of your residential projects?

• Yes, either UD or accessible design in over 40% of my residential projects.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, mostly universal design in over 40% of my residential projects.

• Yes, mostly accessible design in over 40% of my residential projects.

• Rarely include either UD or accessible design in my residential projects.

• I don't really know all the details of Universal Design

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • In what state or corner of the country is most of your work?

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Access for All

Reaction score
I've heard that with certain drain configurations (i.e. that are close to the wall or high near the sink, that you can't use the pop-up drain assembly. Is there any way around this, while still keeping the pipes away from a seated individual's shins?

Note, although my sink selections are for sinks with back-set drains, they're also sinks with side or rear overflow drains so that the sinks can be installed as close to the front edge of the countertop as possible.

Thoughts especially on the pop-up, but also any general comments re:"hp" configuration are welcome

Access for All
Independence for all.

Attachments

• Sink plumb fr side cropped 0829.JPG.jpg
    Sink plumb fr side cropped 0829.JPG.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 299
  • Sink plumb closeup cropped 0828.jpg
    Sink plumb closeup cropped 0828.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 323

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
There was a recent thread on this... within the last few months, anyways. Someone had a sink where they didn't want the trap to show underneath... I'll see if i can find it.

I have to admit, near as i can recall, most of us had no clue where to get parts for an accessible set-up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks