Sink does not flow after running private well down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jake's Dad

Reaction score
hello All,

I have a unique and random issue/question. Before I dig into resolving it myself or calling a plumber I wanted to see if anyone can diagnose this issue or might be aware of a potential cause.

I am a homeowner and have put in a backyard ice-rink for the first time this year. My home has a private well and, in the initial effort to fill the rink I learned the lesson not to try this with a private well. After 8 hours of filling, the rink was one tenth full and my well ran dry.

Anyway, water came back to my house after a couple of hours (after the well replenished) and everything is fine with one exception. The sink in an upstairs full bath does not work. No hot water and no cold water will come out of the split handle tap. in this same bath the toilet and shower work fine but no water will come out of the sink. Yes, the valves for the hot and cold feeds are open (they have not been touched since before the aforementioned rink filling incident).

I would assume water would just flow as it is forced.

Any ideas as to the cause/resolution?

BTW, I have tried leaving the faucet open - for 8 hours straight - to no avail.

thanks in advance for the detective work!
Pete

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
When you run a well dry you are prone to pick up debris, I assume you did not flush out your lines when the well started again?, I think you should take the aerater off and see it that helps, if so the aerator is dirty.

Jake's Dad

Reaction score
Shacko! That makes complete sense. I assumed I had picked up some debris somewhere, and could not figure out how the hot AND cold lines could both be compromised. bit the aerator makes total sense. We are at Grandpa and Grandma's house for the weekend (my brother in law actually recommended this forum when I described the problem). I will take the aerator off and clean it on Monday when we get home. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks so much!
Pete

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks