Single vanities on back to back bathrooms, horizontal drain

Users who are viewing this thread

spidey417

Reaction score
I wanted to see if anyone could provide feedback on this two single vanity on back to back bathroom horizontal drain and direct vent setup. Working on VTR next...

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200711_161018.jpg
    20200711_161018.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 306

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
An inspector may have an issue with the vent pipe to the 3" stack. PVC glue joints are very strong but they are not designed to take an angle like that. Over time from the constant stress, the glue joint could fail.

spidey417

Reaction score
An inspector may have an issue with the vent pipe to the 3" stack. PVC glue joints are very strong but they are not designed to take an angle like that. Over time from the constant stress, the glue joint could fail.

Thanks for the feedback, yes agreed it wasn't my best measurement. Do you suggest any strapping or other means of securing to help prevent future failure? I'd rather not take it apart at this point...

Attachments

• 20200711_174927.jpg
    20200711_174927.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 189

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I saw first pic couldnt tell what the problem was from that angle but scrolling poor alighnment obvious. It looked good otherwise , I cant think of anything that will help as for strapping. be your own judge on whether to fix it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks