Single to Double vanity within cabinet

Users who are viewing this thread

reno3204

Reaction score
I’m trying to convert a single vanity to a double without tearing out the wall and changing the rough-in plumbing. The drains are 30” apart. Pulled this picture off the internet as an example of my intended design. I’m pretty sure something like this isn’t going to meet code, I’m more concerned with will it operate correctly. This is a very old home and nothing in it is to code:rolleyes:
Would a double quarter bend work better than that T.
F6389F13-2D73-45E3-A88C-A5D901683C92.jpeg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Bathroom sink are 1-1/4" drains, kitchen sink 1-1/2" drains. The picture above is a kitchen sink drain, however it will work. The drain tail piece will be 1-1/4". At the first slip nut the kit should include two size washers, one for 1-1/4" and the other 1-1/2". The only issue might be that water can pass the tee and keep going such as when you fill the sink up then open the stopper. Most new bathroom faucets are designed for 1.25 gallons per minute, therefore, draining should not be a problem. Just keep away from those flex drain pipes for under the sinks. Bathrooms generate a lot of hair and its what clogs the pop up drains most of the time.

I would go with the simple tee. FYI, most DWV plumbing codes are from the trap downward. The exceptions are air gap drains for dishwashers and washing machines.

shieldcracker

Reaction score
Center outlet tees can be had with or without baffles. If your tee has a baffle there is no need to replace it.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I wouldnt do it as pictured I never use that tee on top but you could just come straight out wall to the one sink and use like a 2 part kitchen waste 30 inches center to center on a single p trap was the question and yes its ok.

reno3204

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, so would it be better to just do this with horizontal run 30" to the other drain?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-21 at 5.58.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-21 at 5.58.14 PM.png
    680.8 KB · Views: 148
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks