Single to Double Vanity Wet Vent Plumbing Setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Texasdev

Reaction score
Would this setup work for a wet vent? I'm converting a single vanity to a double vanity. The drain/vent is on the far right. It's about 3 feet center to center of the first vanity. It's about another 3 feet to the vanity on the left. I"m wanting to see a 90 degree elbow on the left vanity and a combo tee/wye on the right vanity, which then hooks into the drain/vent.

Attachments

• plumb.jpg
    plumb.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 372

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
IPC or UPC?

IPC, the idea works with a 1-1/2" trap and 1-1/2" piping if the total run along the pipe from the trap under the left lav to the stack is no more than 6', and the total fall is no more than 1-1/2". As the slope has to be at least 1/4" per foot, the maximum 6' length is achievable only with exactly 1/4" per foot slope. If you need 8' of length, you could upsize the left hand trap to 2" (and use 2" piping as drawn), but that would be unusual under a lav. Better to add a revent no more than 6' from the left hand trap.

UPC, you need a revent between the two lav stub outs, and you need a 2" drain starting at the revent. The left trap arm to the vent takeoff can be 1-1/2".

Cheers, Wayne

Texasdev

Reaction score
Hey Thanks, so something like the attached drawing would be better? I've added a revent between the 2 lavs. I have "Reducers" in there because I haven't done a lot of researching/shopping to determine the best fittings to use for reduction in pipe sizes.

Best,

texasdev

Attachments

• plumb2.jpg
    plumb2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 368

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Again, IPC or UPC?

UPC, the san-tee on its back for the revent needs to be a combo. 2" is required from that combo to the stack (the right lav stub out combo can be 2x2x1-1/2), the vents and the left lav trap arm can be 1-1/2".

IPC, the san-tee on its back is fine, and everything shown can be 1-1/2".

Cheers, Wayne

Texasdev

Reaction score
Again, IPC or UPC?

UPC, the san-tee on its back for the revent needs to be a combo. 2" is required from that combo to the stack (the right lav stub out combo can be 2x2x1-1/2), the vents and the left lav trap arm can be 1-1/2".

IPC, the san-tee on its back is fine, and everything shown can be 1-1/2".

Cheers, Wayne
My local code is IPC. If I stay 2", while also staying IPC, is there any issue in that? I don't want any siphoning issues, etc.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
No problem with 2", not sure there's any upside to 2". You could do it like the UPC as a middle ground.

Cheers, Wayne

Texasdev

Reaction score
That's what I'll do! I'm gonna switch that sanitary tee out with a combo. I don't like the idea of the sanitary tee on its back (too many sources online don't agree with it - but what do I know).

Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks