Single to Double Vanity Conversion

Users who are viewing this thread

Triv911

Reaction score
6B1A4248-A70E-4EE1-938D-2B1934B2D456.jpeg

This is a photo from when my home was built in 2014. As you can see it was plumbed for a single sink vanity. Like others here I am wanting to replumb the drain to accommodate a double vanity. What’s the easiest way to accomplish this. You can’t see it in the photo but there is 3-4 feet of wall past the single drain pictured which will allow me add the additional drain and vent im assuming. I know very little about plumbing. I figured out how to split the water supply (not pictured here). Thank you in advance!

Luttes

Reaction score
This is what John's link is getting at. You will need a long sweep 90 coming off the waste. Code is to use a 2x1.5x1.5x1.5 but my supplier only had 2x2x1.5x1.5 so i used a reducer to vent to 1.5. Also, your vent has to be 6 inches above flood level (top of vanity) which is typically 42 inches. My vanity is 37 inches off the floor so i set my vent to over 43 inches off floor level.

PXL_20220312_213240294.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks