Single thermostatic handle shower only valve recommendations for good flow?

Users who are viewing this thread

mikek753

Reaction score
hello,

I need to replace 20+ years old shower valve.
I'd like to have Thermostatic cartridge.
So far I narrow down to Delta R10000-UNBXHF and 17T Trim / Cartridge.
However, I'm not sure which trim to get?
Which finish to use? Chrome is less expensive.
I'm not sure that any finish can be spotless for hard water, so paining $100 more for Stainless will result in no mineral spots or require far less cleaning.

which one to get or which one to avoid?
what's recommended place to buy those from? supply, etc
should I use or not from ebay, sure power sellers 99% rating
There are Trinsic, Ara, Vero

thanks
Michael

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My first introduction to a thermostatically controlled shower valve was in a Holiday Inn in London, England. I was impressed that while the pressure was bouncing all over the place, the temperature stayed the same. The valve was a Grohe. A pressure balanced valve can be similar, but usually not quite as effective. A thermostatically controlled valve generally will achieve more volume than a pressure balanced one. As a result, I bought a Grohe fixture when I did remodel my bathroom.

FWIW, SS will water spot, too. To minimize mineral deposits, wipe the surface dry after each shower.

The Delta R10000 rough-in is nice because it gives you a huge range of possibilities. The trim comes with the cartridge. So, any trim designed to fit the R10000 will work, and you can change the functionality of the valve by choosing a different trim from simple pressure balanced, to volume/temperature, to thermostatically controlled, or three different kinds of valves with the same rough-in.

mikek753

Reaction score
thanks for the reply.

Are there any diff between Ara T17T067 and Lahara T17T038 functionality wise?
sure one is square and another is round,
is cartridge the same?
I think that Ara is more current vs Lahara, but only trim wise.
are both metal? or some uses plastic in the trim?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you look at the parts list for those two trim valves, you'd see that they list the same cartridge for both. As a result, their performance should be identical. As to what the parts are made of, no idea! Call Delta, or check them out at a store.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks