Single stack vent with horizontal drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Rusty Williams, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Rusty Williams

Rusty Williams New Member

Hi all, I have 2 bathrooms stacked in a way that does not allow for a continuous vertical vent. In the attached file, I'm questioning if the lower WC will need its own vent, or if IPC 917 Single Stack Vent System would still apply.

Attached Files:

2. wwhitney

wwhitney Well-Known Member

IPC 917 Single Stack Vent does not allow that horizontal stack offset without venting the lower stack segment. If you can do that, then on first reading it appears to me to comply. But I'm not that familiar with the section and you should get a second opinion.

Cheers, Wayne

Rusty Williams likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Rusty Williams likes this.